Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Plans for 2016

Hot off the heels of my first post, I wanted to talk about my upcoming plans for this year, since I'm doing it a little differently this time.

I know we're more than two weeks in to 2016 so it seems a little late to be mentioning, but my New Year's resolution was to limit myself in how many cosplays I work on.

My fatal flaw has always been my teeny-tiny attention span. I get really excited to start a bunch of new things and jump from project to project, then lose interest and never look at any of them again, repeat ad infinitum. This tends to leave me with a shelf full of unfinished cosplays and a feeling of being overwhelmed and under-motivated.

So for this year, I'm going to force myself to work solely on the projects I already have started- if I end up finishing all of them before the year is over then I'll let myself start on some new ones, but not before that!

My confirmed plans are:

♡ Creamy Mami (Mahou Tenshi Creamy Mami)
♡ Doris Lang (Vampire Hunter D)
♡ Euphemia li Britannia (Code Geass)
♡ Re-l Mayer (Ergo Proxy)
♡ Robin Sena (Witch Hunter Robin)

These are listed in no particular order since I'm not working on a deadline for now. Timing myself would be a little too organized, gotta take baby steps.

This list does not include a couple of cosplays that I bought before the year started. I also figured Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell doesn't count since while I did technically finish her this year, it was within the first few days and I barely had anything left to do, so I lump her in with 2015.

The rest of my focus this year is going to be getting shoots done of the cosplays I already have finished. Now that I've settled in to my new job down here I feel like I can afford to do them more often, and work with some new people. I'll be visiting Toronto for MTAC in late March and have set up some shoots with photographer friends at the con as well as a couple private ones, so many photos will be coming your way in the future!

All in all I'm really looking forward to this year, most of my plans involve developing new skills (resin casting? In MY cosplay? It's more likely than you think) and hopefully getting better at some old ones (someday I'll be decent at armor. SOMEDAY.)

2016, ahoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment